Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am stumped. I have a hot start issue on my 89 EXI with only 70,000 Miles on it.

Replaced over the last month:
-Fuel Pump
-Fuel Filter
-Distributor
-Coil
-Wires
-Cap
-Rotor
-Batt terminals
-Main Relay RZ-0028

She cranks but will not catch. The shop I took it too said that when they diagnosed it had a weak spark that would come and go and that the fuel press was good.

They now think it could be a computer issue. Anything else I can try before the CPU???

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,460 Posts
main fuel relay?

i know with the 90-97 accords, this would happen... on the 98-02 they would have this problem when cold, not warm....

hope this helps...

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'll have to remember this one for my Prelude.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update: EFI Coolant temp sensor was flooding out at hot start. Repalced the coolant sensor.
I have the same problem on my car. Starts up fine in the morning, but will not start when the engine's hot. Sometimes it'll start up and die after idling 2 secs.

So it's the coolant sensor that's the culprit? Is it the one that's located near the upper radiator hose/thermostat? How much does a new one cost?

·
Baa repair/barney repair
1 Posts
i think

that you should locate the ecu under your driver seat pull it out and inspect it get back to me and let me know what is burnt in there. have you had any shifting problems also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts