Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning while driving my battery light came for the first time since I 've had the car (January 2010)but anyway the light came on and I drove for bout 2-3 miles and the car went dead. So I went and purchased a new ever start battery from wal-mart. I put the battery in and the car started right up but later on the battery light came on and it is still on it will go off for a second then its back on. Do anybody know what could be the cause?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Most likely the alternator is going bad. Take it to a parts store or repair shop that can test it for you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Most likely the alternator is going bad. Take it to a parts store or repair shop that can test it for you.
Take it to a local O'Reilly's and have the charging system tested. They will be able to tell you exactly what the issue is. Could be a bad connection, ground but is most likley (as previously stated) the alternator.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take it to a local O'Reilly's and have the charging system tested. They will be able to tell you exactly what the issue is. Could be a bad connection, ground but is most likley (as previously stated) the alternator.
Drove the car to work lastnight for like 18 miles and it died on me. Battery light was on and went off after driving bout 2 then back on at 18 miles all guauges dropped or the speedometer drop to zero when I hit the brakes and put my turn signal on. I guess it is the alternator but don't know cause i couldn't get all of the wires in the new battery ends the wire was to thick maybe a connection problem

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Your car is not likely to run properly with some of the wires disconnected from the battery (maybe the one that charges the battery?). Sounds like you need to take it to a repair shop that knows how your charging system is supposed to work and has the correct repair parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts