Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the site. I have an american built 1994 honda accord lx coupe with a f22b2 engine (non-vtec SOHC) with a MP0A 4 speed automatic transmission that slips badly. I bought a japan built MP1A 4 speed automatic transmission from i believe a 1993 or 1994 japan built prelude to swap with my slipping MP0A transmission. I removed my old tranny a few hours ago and replaced my engines rear main seal while it was open, when i went to replace the drive plate i realized i have two different size drive plates. The torque converters are also two different sizes. So my question is, should i use the smaller drive plate and torque converter that came with my original MP0A transmission or should i use the slightly larger drive plate and torque converter that came with the replacement MP1A transmission? Would there be advantages or disadvantages to either? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the tooth difference between the two?
Hi DARKART, thanks for the reply. There is no difference in the tooth count. They both have 114 teeth. I have to thank you, im realizing now because of your question i will have to go with the larger torque converter and drive plate to ensure the starter motor will engage with the torque converter. Thank you again for helping me realize that.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,547 Posts
I would go with the larger one. Good luck on the swap and keep us posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts