Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Accord has around 260k. Been parked for 2 years. I'm finally able to fix the issue. It runs too hot only while idleing with the AC on. My heater also does not work. Any suggestions? I plan on changing timing belt and I'm sure the battery is dead.

Also, what type of general maintenence should I do to get her road ready again after sitting so long? (Other than oil, plugs, wires) Thank you!

Stay blessed all!

· Registered
2007 Honda Accord 2.4 EX-L
229 Posts
I’ve got a 7th gen, but for general maintenance it should be similar. I would start with new air filters, a quick and simple job. While you’re at it another simple job that comes with that mileage is cleaning your MAF sensor. (Just helps it run a little better)

If you regularly changed your ATF, then I’d give it another 3x drain/fill after sitting so long. If you didn’t regularly change (or at all) I might do just a 1x drain/fill instead of 3x, and see how that works.
Before you drive, check the condition of brake fluid and coolant. Since it’s running hot, maybe change the coolant. Brake fluid is up to you if it looks good, since 2 years sitting wouldn’t have done aS much to it as 2 years driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts