Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 98 accord v6 coupe Ex, and recently i've had problems getting it to start consistently. I'm not sure whether its somethin with the ignition or somethin else. Most of the time I do start it it'll turn over for maybe 1 second and die and shut off right after. I usually go through this process 2-3 times until the engine continues to run. Not only that but, I also hav problems with the fact that the engine also dies while driving, showing the key light, i thought maybe the ignition switch may be bad, or is it something else. If anyone knows any info, it'll help me lots. Thnx!

·
Super Moderator
5,665 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see the situation im in is verry similar to wat u encountered before. Although the only difference between our situations, is that my CEL code is different than wat occured on yours. My CEL code is related to EGR flow being insufficient. Now im not sure if this also has an effect on it, but i have not clue, whats making it insufficient. but thanks for the thread, the problem is exactly wat happend to u

·
Super Moderator
5,665 Posts
Insufficient flow is usually related to a clogged EGR port which needs to be cleaned out. I have another thread on how to do that job.

Not sure if that will fix your start-up issue though because it didn't fix my start-up issue but it got rid of the EGR code :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts