Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not too sure if anyone has ran into this problem or its just built into this year and model accord but does anyone else's 6th gen accord doors lock automatically when closing the driver door? Let me note that the drivers door does not unlock when using the power door switch to unlock the doors and I can only lock it and unlock it manually. I haven't checked behind the door panel yet and I've checked the fuses and they're good. I'm assuming that the actuator is still good because I can hear it in the drivers door panel so maybe the hook that causes the door lock to go up and down isn't hooked or something. Just recently bought this accord for a deal so just learning about it :wink any insight will help.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think a member recently had a somewhat of a similar issue that's related to the door switch. Scroll down 14 threads and look for, "Real Time Help, Driver's Door Lock..." You may find your solution there.

When you use the toggle "lock"/"unlock" door switch, do you hear a click or are you met with silence? If the latter, replace this switch.

On my car if I "unlock" (one keyfob click) the driver's door only, open and then close it, the door will automatically lock after a set time. If I "unlock" (two clicks) all the doors, then shut them, they will remain unlocked until the cows come home.

And generally speaking, consider doing some of the basics on the keyfob:

1. Check the keyfob battery. Get a cheap two dollar tester and either test or replace it. I've been buying on e-bay dirt cheap for a five pack. Then I forget where I put them a year later. :(

2. Clean any metal contacts on the keyfob. Also remove the rubber and clean the rubber hubs for the "lock", "unlock", and "trunk" with a pencil eraser.

3. Reprogram the keyfob. Quick video here, but plenty of written instructions can be found on the web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYrXB_MHbE

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts