Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wouldn't start after sitting outside all night in the rain but did start in the afternoon. At first I thought there was water in the fuel so I added some dry gas but that didn't work. Same thing happened the next day. I have had this happen with an older model accord and found it was a cracked cap so changed the cap and then it wouldn't even start in the afternoon. My husband tried to jump it (why-I don't know, it would crank so I knew it wasn't the battery, plus the battery isn't even a year old) and now it cranks a couple of times and then dies a little. There's over 1/2 tank of gas and I haven't changed where I get gas from. It has about 125,000 miles on it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You need to isolate the problem to either an ignition or fuel problem. Next time it wont start, pull off a plug wire and see if you have a spark to ground when cranking. No spark means an ignition problem somewhere. Possibly bad ignition switch, coil or ignition module.
If you have some starting fluid, spray some into the intake while its cranking and see if it tries to start, if so you have a fuel problem instead of an ignition problem.

·
Registered
231 Posts
MAIN RELAY! Turn the key on and listen for a click under the dash, near the hood release. If there is no click then it needs to be replaced. It controls the fuel system\.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts