Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 99 Accord EX, drives great AC is great, but has issues with door power locks. When activating door lock from panel switch or key remote, the lock kind of wants to move. I hear a click from relay on front passenger side, but none of the locks engage. (like it does not have enough power to drive the actuator). I dis-assembled doors, disconnected all 4 actuators and connected one at a time, and still none work. I ordered/received the actuators and connected each individually, and still they do not work. I noticed there are 2 door controllers, with the relay that clicks, one under driver, one on rt side of glovebox. Has anyone had a problem similar? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
There are actually 3 fuses serving various parts of the door lock system.
#9 in the driver side fuse panel plus #12 & #13 in the passenger side panel.
You should also verify there is power to these fuses as they are fed from the under hood fuse panel.

If the fuses are ok then one of the multiplexers may be bad. There are also 3 of these, one attached to each of the inside fuse panels and another inside the drivers door. The passenger side multiplexer is the one which actually drives the lock actuators.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re 1999 Accord Power Locks

Nehonda, Thanks a lot. I did not think of resetting the other fuses. The fuses seem to have had some corrosion build-up. Once it was cleaned off, added some electrical grease on the contacts, reset them and now the locks are working great. (only did fuses 1-16 on passanger side). :banana:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts