Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A few days ago I noticed a puddle of water right behind the front driver side tire. After trying to see where it was coming from, I started the car and noticed it starts leaking as soon as it starts up. Its a steady leak, not just a drip. It's right behind all of the belts so it's hard for me to see exactly where it's coming from. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Water pump is my guess, but it should be coolant not water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. That seems to be the main assumption online. I found what I think is the water pump but it's dry, nothing coming out of it. It seems to be dripping around my oil pan and then onto the floor. My car isnt over heating or anything, I have noticed the coolant getting low so Ive been topping it off in the morning (this morning I maybe put a little under a cup in) and it doesnt really give me a problem for the rest of the day. Again, Im not sure if what I found was the water pump, it was the only thing on the bottom that was attached to a pulley. Can't seem to find any real description of where it might be online.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
The water pump is driven by the timing belt, and is under the timing cover. You would need to pull the cover to see for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts