Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I made a mistake of going with a mobile mechanic to replace a passenger side CV axle. Now that car makes a thump noise like something is lose when I hit a bump in low speed, a harsh and louder shift noise from Reverse to Park and Reverse to Drive and whistling noise when I shut the engine off and briefly when the engine was off. The car shifts fine and drives great on a smooth roadway, but worried about hard shift and the thump noise. The mechanic had a hard time taking out the CV axle and I could hear him hammering away the suspension. I called the mobile mechanic main number and the owner says he will take care of it, but I am not sure. The car has low miles and was in excellent condition.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,274 Posts
You need to find out what damage (if any) was done to the car, and what brand of axle was used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to find out what damage (if any) was done to the car, and what brand of axle was used.
Going to take the vehicle to few more reputable auto repair shops. The parts from O'reilley's is correct (MPV MP4152), however, after doing some research, I believe during the process of replacement, the transmission mounts got knocked out or cracked. The car drives smooth and shift from 1st to 3rd without any issue, but during low speeds I can hear thumping sound near the right center and harsh shift when the car is parked and going from Reverse to Park and Reverse to Drive combination.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it to 2 different places, the first tried to scam me by saying the rear shocks are the issue and they could literally lift the driver rear shock, even though, the thumping noise was clearly coming from the front. I then went to a known reliable mom-and-pop transmission shop, where they found the torsion bolt was missing a screw cap. They put one on for free. Gave them $20 tip for their time and service. Now ready for the brake job on the 2014 Accord that I am going to do myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts