Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue of a thumping noise after installing the 19 mm rsb from the tl-s? I'm getting a clunking noise but can't find anything loose

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
If it clunks while changing directions your end links are loose.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It clunking when I accelerate and when I brake and during turns and goin over bumps which is very annoying now.
I checked the end links and they are tight.
I pulled out my coilovers nd put back my stock suspension (one coilovers was blown bouncy) but noise still there

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have same issue now. But I change from stock to tein advance coils and I have a clunking noise over small bumps or turns. One clunk per little bump what is annoying. No noise on higher speed. Check my 19 mm sway bar and moog end links are tight. I do have one bolt of the bushing that does not tight up well. I think this might b the issue not sure though. Anyways I plan on changing that bolt or holder if necessary. So check the bushing bolts just in case.

·
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe
282 Posts
I had the same crazy clunk after I installed the Tein advances....

Turned out to be the camber arm bolt falling out. I removed the tire and went to reach for the bolt and it fell out in my hand!

Check your camber arm bolts!

·
Registered
325 Posts
The sway bar bushings does not fit the bar properly. Take off the bushings and wrap the bar with some tape so the bushings fit tighter and tighten the bushing bolts to the max.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stan B I will give that a try next. I did what everyone else recommended already before posting this for help. I got the exact bushings for the sway bar do you think it still matters?
Thanswer everyone else for the input

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
If they're urethane bushings, yeah you have to wrap the bar with teflon tape or else it will squelch. Home depot sells Monster blue tape and also natural gas yellow tape ... both will work fine. Just do a double wrap where the bar meets the bushings.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Months ago I had the same issue with the 22mm bar on mine. I had the correct bushing and it still made a clunking sound. I wrapped the bar with some black outdoor gorilla tape (1 inch wide) and forced the bushings over it, then tighten the bolt as tight as hell and the problem was solved.

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
^^this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts