Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1st Time Honderr Owner: BluBeast Build

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  TaroBaapG35 
#1 ·
Summary
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T CVT
Still Night Pearl
Dealer Installed Accessories:
- Trunk Tray, Black Wheel Locks, Pin Stripe, Splash Guards, Nitrogen, Hendrick Environmental Car Care (BS Car Wash nonsense)
Custom Leather Interior (Seats, Armrest, Doorests) + Heated Seats

Current Mods:
XPEL Ceramic XR (45% Windows, 88% UV), (85% Windshield, 88% UV) (Sunstoppers)
LEDs: Interior, Trunk, Reverse, Rear Turn Signal – (Amazon)
6K HIDs (High Beam) – (Amazon)
Removed Dealer Decals/Stickers

Future Mods: Goals: OEM+

OEM(iish) Front/Rear/Trunk Carpet
Gloss Black 3M Vinyl – Window Trim, Front Grill (Chrome surrounds), Rear Diffuser
Full Decon, Ceramic (Paint + Wheels + All Trim)
Trunk Hydraulic Release + Trunk Pull
JDM Emblem Swap
Paddle Shifter Extensions (Design/Build)
Custom Rear USB Charger Kit (Design/Build)
Custom Exhaust Tips (Design/Build)
Speakers Upgrade (mainly to add custom sub to OEM location)
Illuminated Door Sills
Touring Tail Light Swap
Touring Key Reprogram (for Remote Start)
Eibach Pro+Kit Springs + Rear Sway Bar + Camber Arms + 20mm Spacers All Around
AG M590/Varrstoen ES2/ Aodhan DS06 (19x9.5 ET 22 w/ Conti DWS06 245/35 or 255/35)

Purchased 01/06/2020

First Honda Purchase in Family. Coming from all VQs, and 1 Toyota. Had to get a new car for daily driving 70mi/day; Requirements were it had to be reliable, good looking, <$25k, spacious, and unfortunately Automatic since the car will be used by my family as well. Due to this the list was narrowed to, Base Model Camry, Accord Sport, Auto Corolla Hatch, and no VQs as the reliability/features/quality has decreased in contrast to price hikes. Camry was knocked out due to crazy $$ and no deals on Sport (XSE/SE) models, Corolla hatch was out since its not fun in the non MT version, so left with Accord. Saw it, drove it, loved it. Don’t need the 2.0T as my other/weekend/fun car is a 2018 S4, so didn’t need two gas guzzlers. Plus, I’ve modified my previous three cars starting with the 05 G35 then 12 370z MT and to the current 18 S4. This will be a fun foray back into JDM, and that too in a VTEC.

New Daily

Traded in: Bought it ~11 years ago this May, right before starting Undergrad..So many memories..sinful ones XD

Weekend/Fun/Sunny Day Mobile:

Things I love about the car:
  • Heavy/Sporty steering feel & low body roll for size of car
  • Large Touch-screen
  • Safety features standard on Sport
  • “Sportback” looks; Loved the S5 SB, but couldn’t justify more $$ over S4 Sedan (+better deal on S4 with color I wanted)
  • SPACIOUS like crazy
  • VTEC YOOOOO (not yet hit on mine, but did go into Sport mode + Paddles on the test drive on a used 19, and it was nicee)
Things I Don’t Love:
  • No full Kelyess on sport: Even base models Sentra’s come with this and have been for years now (Damn millenials I know LOL)
  • Take out Lane Keep Assist and replace with Blind Spot Monitoring (nitpicking)
  • No Engine Cover (nitpicking)

The things I don’t like are nitpicking aside from the no full keyless. Overall the car is awesome. So far, after a week of driving, in ECO (Until I hit 500/1000mi), car has been flawlessly smooth and fun.

Now to dive into modding car #3.

01/10/2020

Installed:
  • 6K HID LED High Beams: Socket doesn’t fit 100%, but the bulb is stable and flat in housing. Slight wiggle but no issues so far. Will fix with 3D printed backing.
  • Interior LEDs; Went with super bring (on accident) LEDs. Crazy bright now. Love it!
  • Trunk LED; Again super bright.
  • Reverse Light LED: This is awesome; Couldn’t see out of the dim reverse lights before, new bright ones are awesome. Might switch these to a pair that only have the LEDs directly in back of bulb, not around it (klinda pointless I think?)
  • Turn Signal Amber LEDs; First ones I ordered, hyperflashed, because I didnt read reviews. Ordered new ones, and they work perfectly.

01/11/2020
  • Sunstoppers 45%/85% Tint to remove fishbowl effect. Tint has gotten darker, was going to go with 35%, but glad I did 45%.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·

Quick wash on car to remove dealer debris and all. Full detail coming this weekend.

This quick wash reminded me why I love ceramic coatings. It was a pain to dry the car, and so many water spots. Ridiculous.

Washed the S4, dried and quick sealed in 3 hours, versus almost 6 hours for the Honda (no sealant until this weekend).

#6 ·
I just used Vvivid Gloss Black Vinyl that I bought a few years ago to wrap the front Grille Accents, and Window Trims. I have a new found respect for the professionals. Redid the Grille Accents a few times and the Window Trim on Rear twice..Stll Not perfect, but works for now. Will buy 3M and try that to see if its any different.

Full Cleanup delayed till good weather comes around for awhile.

#9 ·
You can turn off the road departure mitigation system FYI which is what I think you are taling about in your cons. On the tachometer scroll down to driver supper and you you can turn it off there. LKAS is what keeps you centered in the lane on the highway if you turn it on (and is really nice IMO).

#12 ·
Yes that is correct. There is no way to unlock the car without the buttons on the key fob. There is nothing on handles or the trunk (buttons, grooves etc) that unlock the car. It's only available on 2.0T.

Thanks for the offer on the Engine Cover, but I dont think it fits unfortunately (from what I've read).

I do love the fuel economy savings and comfort of the car though.

Both girls wiped down and clean :)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.