Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the handling was already very good, but now it's better, with much more precision. I think excessive toe was causing an occasional and subtle side to side hunting at high speeds, now it feels locked on at all times. The steering wheel had a slight tilt to the left, now its dead even. the shop that did it specializes in high performance and track car prep. very happy with the results, tires should last longer too. 772 miles on car. I would encourage other owners to check their alignment. Below is before and after specs.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=465082&stc=1&d=1520999439

Attachments

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
You paid for an alignment on a brand new car?

It's obvious it was out, so I would have taken it to my dealer and made sure they did it for free as it should have been checked during PDI.

·
Registered
927 Posts
It would have paid to check your warranty book first.

Page 9:

Wheel balancing and wheel alignment are covered for the first year or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first, unless required as part of a warranty repair.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I recently had my steering wheel replaced and they had to do a 4 wheel alignment. It turns out that they did not have the software to do it on the Touring. They told me that the only software they had was for the Sport models. Apparently they are different. He stated it should be out sometime in June.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I recently had my steering wheel replaced and they had to do a 4 wheel alignment. It turns out that they did not have the software to do it on the Touring. They told me that the only software they had was for the Sport models. Apparently they are different. He stated it should be out sometime in June.
Wow - that should have hit dealers the day of car release.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I brought my 2.0 Touring back to the dealer after owning it for three weeks because the steering wheel is slightly to the left. The mechanic told me it was aligned correctly according to their equipment. It still annoys me having the steering off center. The mechanic never mentioned that they don’t have the right software. This car is pissing me off.

The hood is crooked. The steering wheel is off center. The brake pedal clunks. The dashboard squeaks. Apple CarPlay doesn’t work. Bluetooth disconnects every day. The head unit reboots every other week. This may be the last Honda I purchase. I quit buying Ford and Dodge because of their quality issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
I brought my 2.0 Touring back to the dealer after owning it for three weeks because the steering wheel is slightly to the left. The mechanic told me it was aligned correctly according to their equipment. It still annoys me having the steering off center. The mechanic never mentioned that they don’t have the right software. This car is pissing me off.

The hood is crooked. The steering wheel is off center. The brake pedal clunks. The dashboard squeaks. Apple CarPlay doesn’t work. Bluetooth disconnects every day. The head unit reboots every other week. This may be the last Honda I purchase. I quit buying Ford and Dodge because of their quality issues.

It's probably aligned correctly, but that doesn't mean the steering wheel is straight. Take it back, tell them to straighten the steering wheel while on the machine, and then align it. They're just being lazy.

Sorry you have so much going on with your car. I have a 2.0T touring that doesn't have any of those issues -- does the serial number end with 0001???

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is interesting because I've read a few posts here about new Accords not "tracking well" on the freeway, etc. Ours has driven like a dream since Day 1. Clearly there are some quality issues with a few of them coming off the lot. I suppose some teething pains with a new model are understandable but dealers should be far more willing to jump right in and correct them.

·
Registered
154 Posts

This is my issue since they replaced the steering wheel. They aligned it with the Sport Accord software and now its slightly off. I let them know that if there is any tire wear on my car from now until June then they will replace my tires!

It's probably aligned correctly, but that doesn't mean the steering wheel is straight. Take it back, tell them to straighten the steering wheel while on the machine, and then align it. They're just being lazy.

Sorry you have so much going on with your car. I have a 2.0T touring that doesn't have any of those issues -- does the serial number end with 0001???
Do you live in a warm climate? You just wait, the dash issue will drive you nuts, the sound alone is irritating. It only rears its ugly head when its hot out. I just had to drop off my car at the dealer today for the 3rd time today on my Touring. Could not take it anymore. Waiting for a diagnosis, made them give me a loaner until its fixed.

·
Registered
396 Posts

The brake pedal noise seems to be very common. See this thread for the solution, it is a known issue. The dashboard noise is also common if the noise is from the HUD area. But yea agree that the quality doesn't seem to be great at this point.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/257-wheels-suspension-brakes/500554-2018-accord-touring-2-0-brake-pedal-noise-2.html

·
Registered
123 Posts
My steering was also crooked pointing slightly to the left. Took it to dealer and they also said they didn’t have specs for alignment(I own 2.0 touring). I now noticed the steering wheel is straight. Weird! I don’t have any issues with payment grooves. Car has never pulled to either side.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealers will never do as good a job as a shop that specializes in alignment, especially when it's a warranty claim, as manufacturers pay a reduced rate to dealers for the work. The dealer wants to get that car in and out as fast as possible. At 63 my time is valuable to me, I'm not going to debate with the service manager about what's "normal" or "their all like that" or "we don't have software yet to do the job", have to make 3 service visits and call American Honda to get the job close to right. Or look at the scratch on my door because the 18 year old lot boy wasn't paying attention. Been there done that. So I took it to a place run people who are 100% committed to excellence and customer satisfaction, told them what the issues were, they said ok we'll take care of it. I left knowing my car would be treated the same as the Ferraris and Porches' there because that's the way they operate. I'm very happy with the results. Was worth every penny to me. My money my choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed my car has a nibble in the wheel while driving down the interstate and on a windy day gets pushed around a lot. I test drove an 18 CRV and it felt less affected by the wind when driving down the interstate. I didn't feel the wind moving the car at all. I'm still boggled by that one.

·
REV29K
556 Posts
I have a good alignment shop just a few miles down the road from me, I'm thinking I may just take my Accord in and have them check it. That is, if they can get the alignment specs from Honda. I know Honda aligns the car at the end of the manufacturing line but it might be well worth the $80 to have a professional shop make sure the alignment is still in spec given anything can happen during transport.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up my 2.0 Touring from the dealer today. One of the four issues I brought it in for was the steering was off to the left. This was the second time they attempted to fix the steering. It was still to the left again. I went with the tech and he confirmed the steering was still to the left. The tech said he would try to fix it again. (3rd time)

While waiting I drove another 2.0 Touring they have. It has the same issue. Their alignment numbers for this car must be off and the technicians at my Honda are not aware. At least the hood was straight on their new Accord.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I picked up my 2.0 Touring from the dealer today. One of the four issues I brought it in for was the steering was off to the left. This was the second time they attempted to fix the steering. It was still to the left again. I went with the tech and he confirmed the steering was still to the left. The tech said he would try to fix it again. (3rd time)

While waiting I drove another 2.0 Touring they have. It has the same issue. Their alignment numbers for this car must be off and the technicians at my Honda are not aware. At least the hood was straight on their new Accord.
Put some miles on before getting an alignment, new suspensions will break in and can settle a bit, this from the experts who did mine, they recommended at least 200 miles. I waited till around 700 before bringing it in.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts