Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
HondaGyrl
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Accord Touring right now. I was thinking of getting a 91 accord for my side car when I don't want to drive the 14 Accord. What do you guys think? 91 Accord is pretty clean so I was thinking hey you can't go wrong with a Honda Accord right.

What is a good price to pay for a nice clean accord?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yeah I'd get something else that car could turn into a money pit and not be reliable. If that vehicle was here in Ohio it would of been in the junkyard many years ago from rusting out but i see you're in CA so the body is probably in decent shape. It's hard to say how good it is without knowing it's history and how well it's been taken care of and what has and has not been replaced. I still have a 99 Accord which was purchased new and it runs like a champ but it's been very well taken care of. I'd honestly look for an Accord no more than 10 yrs old and look at receipts and service records on anything you buy used to see how well it's been taken care of.

·
HondaGyrl
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course I'm going to ask for service records. How much is to much to ask for for the price of a 91 accord. He says he has replaced a lot of things on it but I need to see records.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Of course I'm going to ask for service records. How much is to much to ask for for the price of a 91 accord. He says he has replaced a lot of things on it but I need to see records.
I checked kelly blue book and they only went back as far as 92. Without knowing any details about the vehicle i put in that it was an LX model in VGC with 150k miles. The following pic shows what it's worth according to KBB for private sale. Looks like it's only worth around $1k.

Attachments

·
HK Moderator
14,079 Posts
If that vehicle was here in Ohio it would of been in the junkyard many years ago from rusting out but i see you're in CA so the body is probably in decent shape.
Perfect example of a member listing their location in their User CP being helpful to the discussion.... (hint to "location-less" savagexx1 :))

The price seems high, and what worries me about that ad is all the recent engine work done. Sometimes, when a neglectful owner allows their engine to blow because of overheating issues, the re-machined engine top never sits as it should, and you get weird issues and coolant leaks down the road.

Seller is asking about $500 - $600 too much, but dropping $100 at a Honda dealer for a pre-purchase inspection report would answer a lot of questions....

I know if that car were in Chicago, it would be rusted completely....

·
No PRND
749 Posts
For that money, I would rather find a clean CRX or 3rd gen Prelude. Maybe even an Integra or Legend.

·
Registered
228 Posts
See if he'll trade you for some magic beans :wink

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a 4 door 92 accord and I wouldn't even ask for $1000. However I would never sell it either. If I were you I would move on. He probably just put in over a grand of parts bc of age and wants to recoup that in the price.

·
HondaGyrl
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the advice I did move on lol. I know he is going to have to lower the price I don't think anyone will buy it at that price he has.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I can never understand why there will always be someone in the market to buy a 15+ years old car. At that age, it very unlikely to find a clean one from a respectful mature owner. Too many young owners aren't interested in retaining the good condition.

·
HondaGyrl
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it looks very clean and nice if you ask me I never went to take a look at it. I will not almost pay 3k for a car that old he needs to drop the price on that car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got a 1992 Wagon accord for $450 runs and drives. I did spend another $450 for the axles brakes clutch oil seals ect that it needs. And its taken over my garage and all my spare time working on it. I would only suggest something this old if you enjoy and have the ability to fix things yourself and you can buy it dirt cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts