Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, (always wanted a dash cam) got it put in today. After months and months of shopping around, research, and hesistation I decided to bite the bullet on a Lukas 7950 (2-3 month old model, with very high reviews). Its a 2 channel with parking mode, GPS, shock sensor, wifi, dual memory slots up to 512GB and Sony EXMORE sensor.

I did not want to spend this much on a 2 ch setup with install, but I really wanted the parking mode (it only made sense to get one with this feature) and I really fell in love with the Sony EXMOR sensor after watching youtube videos of it. Its as good quality as you will find on any dash cam today. Night time recording quality was very imporant to me.

I feel this pays off, its cheap insurance.

Sample of this cam

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Major plus for it having GPS and supporting up to 512gb. Is it 512gb for each slot or 512gb in total (~256gb for each?)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its 512GB total, so 256GB max for each slot.

I upgraded the cards and have two 64GB's in now. Driving and parking modes record onto the SD card and event mode records onto the micro SD. Event mode is basically each time you switch from driving and parking modes, the cam records 30 sec clips of you getting in and out, or whatever else happens. Its basically the transition footage when switching between the two.

I have it set so that my SD card capacity is 25% driving and 75% parking. Parking mode is where Id want at least 10 hours of recording before it starts to rewrite, for any times where the car would be parked somewhere for extended periods of time.

Say you park the car in a lot for 10 hours, and your card is set so that it can only record 5 hours of parking mode footage. Someone bangs up your car in the first hour you are parked. Then when you review the footage, that footage will be erased because your card would have already erased itself at the 5 hour mark for when you car was parked. But with 10 hours, that should be enough time to cover the entire time with one write. VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.

So I have 10.5 hours of parking mode recording and 3.5 for driving (which is more than enough).

Essentially, the $450 installed model that I was originally going to go with can only handle up to a 32GB card, which wouldnt be big enough for me. Glad I paid the extra $100 for the extra capacity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts