Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Accord Sport
I am thinking to replace the speakers. Running of the stock head unit. Do I choose the 2 ohms speaker or 4 ohms speaker?
thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
JBL sells a lot of 2 ohm speakers and they claim to be fully compatible with any factory system or aftermarket deck. They say the factory wiring adds enough resistance to their 2 ohm load.

In theory you will get more output with 2 ohm, but if you turn it up too high you could strain the factory system more than with a 4 ohm.

I ordered some 2ohm JBL power 662 to install in the spring when its not 0 degrees out. I'm going to trust JBL on it and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
one of the issues you might run into is the change of sensitivity from 2 ohms to 4 ohms. This might make the ANC go crazy when you start the car. Still, there is more than impedance in the sensitivity calculation but that can't help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Power 662 i ordered is rated at 93db sensitivity, quite high, so i guess i'l find out!

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
A lot of bs claims about sensitivity and impedances out there so be careful. It's not uncommon for something to be called an 8ohm speaker, but in reality it can dip into 3ohm or lower at times within its passband/frequency range.

·
Banned
47 Posts
A lot of bs claims about sensitivity and impedances out there so be careful. It's not uncommon for something to be called an 8ohm speaker, but in reality it can dip into 3ohm or lower at times within its passband/frequency range.
Did you just your incompetent? Lollll

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
2013 Accord Sport
I am thinking to replace the speakers. Running of the stock head unit. Do I choose the 2 ohms speaker or 4 ohms speaker?
thanks
I replaced my fronts with an Infinity component setup. It's as simple as splicing the factory speaker wires into the provided crossovers, wiring the crossovers to the speaker in the door and the tweeter pod, and then disabling the ANC unit. You can buy the Touring sail panels to install the tweeters in the door.

It provided a significant upgrade to the sound quality. Night and day difference.

More can be done, but it went from being pretty awful to actually pretty decent. More volume, clarity, and better quality sound just by making that relatively simple mod.

The tip about the ANC is true, as the Infinity speakers are 2 ohm and the ANC went nuts at startup. I've unplugged the unit and not had a problem since.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I replaced my fronts with an Infinity component setup. It's as simple as splicing the factory speaker wires into the provided crossovers, wiring the crossovers to the speaker in the door and the tweeter pod, and then disabling the ANC unit. You can buy the Touring sail panels to install the tweeters in the door.

It provided a significant upgrade to the sound quality. Night and day difference.

More can be done, but it went from being pretty awful to actually pretty decent. More volume, clarity, and better quality sound just by making that relatively simple mod.

The tip about the ANC is true, as the Infinity speakers are 2 ohm and the ANC went nuts at startup. I've unplugged the unit and not had a problem since.
6.5" or 5-1/4"?

Jay

·
Registered
89 Posts
6.5" or 5-1/4"?

Jay
I used the 6.5" components. One note of caution: The Honda factory "speakers" (once you see them you'll laugh at describing them as a "speaker" because they really look as if they glued a magnet to a paper plate) are shallow and pretty much all the aftermarket speakers that will fit in the door are going to have a much deeper set to them. You will probably need a spacer (readily available from Crutchfield) to make the speaker clear the window. I used the Metra spacers in my install and they worked perfectly, still fitting behind the door panels with room to spare.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i would change all four. When i changed a pair then tested the sound quality there was a db level difference between the stock and aftermarket. I had to turn up my aftermarket speakers level up more versus the stock speakers so there will be a difference in sound levels between the two

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
SatinSilver (moderator)
please review this users comment. Isn't troll a bad word to use against other members and against forum policy?
First of all, you ARE trolling/baiting for a response so the description was quite accurate, plus you seem to have forgotten that YOU started the commenting, not just in this thread but elsewhere too against ousooner2.

Stop digging the hole you are already in, else your stay here will be very short-lived.

·
Banned
47 Posts
First of all, you ARE trolling/baiting for a response so the description was quite accurate, plus you seem to have forgotten that YOU started the commenting, not just in this thread but elsewhere too against ousooner2.

Stop digging the hole you are already in, else your stay here will be very short-lived.
Get your facts straight. Your wrong. Please visit my garage opener post to get the true facts on who started what. Would you like for me to send you the link? The OP is also in hot water btw.

Here ya go.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2039754#post2039754

Wow and another one...the OP obviously attacked my thread for no apparent reason. Again get your facts straight before posting what you did above.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2037025#post2037025

·
Registered
144 Posts
:lurk:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts