Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. How can i turn on my dome light at the back of the interior from the dash. I can do this in my POS chevy via the dimmer switch, but my "luxury" accord doesn't seem to allow for this, right now i have to open my door so the rear seat psgrs can see where to put thier seatbelts in

2. Does anyone else notice that the heated seats actually shut off when they get "hot". I want them to work like my VW did, where i decide when hot is hot enough for me!

Cheers to all

·
No longer active
702 Posts
You can reach over your head and flip a switch on the dome light to "on"....
And if my passengers needed lights to figure out where the seatbelt buckles on their seat belts were, I'd throw them out of my car. ;-)
jk

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
The Luxury Accord... It keeps you humble. hahaha

And hey just be happy with the heated seats you have. Some people aren't as lucky as us! My dad's Sorrento, the heated seats have 2 way adjustment... ON and OFF. So be greatful. lol

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can reach over your head and flip a switch on the dome light to "on"....
And if my passengers needed lights to figure out where the seatbelt buckles on their seat belts were, I'd throw them out of my car. ;-)
jk
Not unless my are is three feet long... I have a a sunroof and the light is right at the back glass!!!:banana:

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Luxury Accord... It keeps you humble. hahaha

And hey just be happy with the heated seats you have. Some people aren't as lucky as us! My dad's Sorrento, the heated seats have 2 way adjustment... ON and OFF. So be greatful. lol
LOL:nuts:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
You mean to tell me 1) they can't flip the dome light switch themselves? and 2) they can't find seat belts in the dark? Curious to know if they've been in an automobile before. lol

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've never had a problem with my passenger finding their seatbelts :dunno: and the lights stay on for a while after closing your doors, so that shouldn't even be a worry.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
My heated seat on high gets pretty hot, I find I have to turn it back to low setting before it either cycles or turns off!
Mine too, I either have to turn mine off, or turn it down to Low.

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You mean to tell me 1) they can't flip the dome light switch themselves? and 2) they can't find seat belts in the dark? Curious to know if they've been in an automobile before. lol
My kids can't reach the light!!! and it's hard for them to do up thier seat belts in the dark!

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My heated seat on high gets pretty hot, I find I have to turn it back to low setting before it either cycles or turns off!
Hummm... I've also noticed that the seat doesn't heat up if my A$$ isn't in it (i leave it on with my Remote Start, but it doesn't heat up). Is there a sensor in the seat that perhaps is going bad?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Ahh gotcha, sorry, didn't know they were kids, that's a tough one, the easiest solution would be to just turn it on yourself over your shoulder. As for the seats, they won't heat up unless you are in them, mine does this as well, I guess it's to conserve power/heated seat thing/ I was quite puzzled at first as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts