Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here put 20's on a 7th gen Accord if so please post some pics. :thmsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
You would need some pretty THIN tires?

·
39.1 going on 40mpg!
4,723 Posts
In other words, nobody on here has them. There isn't much of a tuner crowd on here so the largest you'll find is 17-18" rims on this forum.

·
Administrator
2,391 Posts
I'm not even sure if this is possible - the overall diameter of an Accord wheel/tire combo is only 25.5" , so that means you have a sidewall height of 2.75" tall - and the width you'd have to go in order to handle that low profile would probably cause interference issues with the turning, etc.

18" is about as big as I've seen (an extra inch of sidewall height that way), and even that's a stretch.....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Sounds like you're going for the "gansta" look. Thats about the only look you're gonna get out of havin 20's on an accord. That or a "wtf was he thinkin look". I think there are much better wheel choices for the accord that are lower than 20's, 20's are just way too much and wouldn't look right unless you modified the suspension along with it.

Reactions: enne

·
2005 Accord Coupe
82 Posts
i personally dont think they would look that much better than maybe a 17 or 18 with a less "tuner" looking rim.. anyway they dont look bad but i dont really think its worth the money and the fact that your going to be driving around on, well.. your rims... there's so little rubber, your ride is going to be rough.. all i can say

·
Registered
754 Posts
I agree with Saxdogg, those don't look like 20s. A nice 18" would be the biggest I would go, personally, otherwise you run the risk of having your car look like some sort of ghetto-fabulous Hot Wheels toy car. 20" rims are classy on the right vehicle, on others they're tacky.... I'm thinking the Accord qualifies as one of those "other" vehicles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's all about personal preference guys... I personally like "dubs" & have them on my 03' Coupe. I live in South Carolina & you don't see too much tuner action here. Everybody is riding dueces & chrome down here. Well, at least 'round my way... I know a guy on Gen7 that has dubs in ATL...

As far as ride. It's a little harsh but not too bad. If you get a 20x7.5 rim you won't have any rubbing issues & can even get a mild drop (Pro Kit). I have 20x8's on my car now and I get a rub in at full wheel lock or if I hit a really good bump...

All in all, it's your car, do what you want-you're paying for it!! lol :thmsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
20's get no love... lol I don't see why 19's are acceptable but add an inch & everyone gets scary.... lol :dunno: Nah, but I've been going for 3 months now with no problems. 20-30 mile daily commute + personal time. I know the life of my tires will suffer so I agree, if it's a daily driver & you have a long commute dubs may not be the way to go....

·
White Man Group Car Club
593 Posts
Why do you want "dubs"? Because everyone has them or because you personally think they look good. I think "dubs" are a trendy, gangsta thing, much like wearing your pants around your knees and big gawdy chains, cups, and "throwbacks". But I guess you can be like everyone else and spend a couple grand for something that won't improve your car's performance. Save the money, buy a supercharger, then you will have respect AND attention.

The picture you posted doesn't have 20's, there is no way, maybe 19's (max).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ah... But we must remember that everyone is not performance oriented... Some people just want the "bling bling" & could care less about going fast.... :)

Anyway, I say, if dubs are what you want go for it. Just make sure you get the right width & offset. I like mine, but due to the long daily commute I have & b/c of the fact that I'm also performance oriented I have been contemplating dropping down to 18's... Or getting a lighter 20 b/c my gas mileage & acceleration have suffered terribly... But all in all, if you want all show & no go then go with 20's. If you want a little go & some show you might want to try a different route... :thmsup:

·
Super Moderator
6,452 Posts
20"+ rims =

- increased braking distance and unsprung weight
- slow initial start when getting off from a stop
- tiny ass brake rotor inside massive rims
- 4x4 look if not lowered
- tiny ass donut on one wheel when you blow that super expensive super low profile tire
- you think you are balling but really it does not look that good

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I've had 20's on my 2006 Accord for about a year now and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. So don't let people's opinions sway you on what YOU wanna do. Do what u like

Both my cars with 20's. No complaints.

this Thread is super old

1 - 20 of 23 Posts