Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2000 2.3L 4-Cyl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX 2.3L 4cyl and the A/C doesn't seem to get cold. The car is full of Freon, the compressor is running, and the fans run at full speed. What I do notice though is when I push the pin down on the low side very little Freon comes out, but on the high side when I push the pin down, the Freon shoots out a lot, not sure if the problem has anything to do with that or not.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You need to have the system checked by an AC technician using a proper gages. The readings will show what your problems are. The amount of refrigerant is critical for proper cooling.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
How do you know it is full of Freon ?(FYI Freon is a registered trade name of Dupont, the refrigerant your system uses is R134a). Your system takes 21-23oz of 134a refrigerant and 5.5oz of refrigerant oil. The only way to make sure that the system is full is to purge all the refrigerant and add in the exact amount 22oz in. You should never purge refrigerant to the atmosphere it should be recovered by a recovery machine. Once the proper amount of R134a is in the system, then you can put the gauges on it and verify the pressures and temperatures are correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.