Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running a 2001 accord V6 with v-tech. daily driver, serves me extreamly well. smooth ride minus the few minor points which i plan on repairing come this summer.

downside to the car. has an oil leak on passenger side but cannot make out exactly where. what could the culprit be, and how hard would it be to fix/ replace?

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
If it's on the passenger side, it's very possible that it's leaking power steering fluid. These cars are known for leaking power steering fluid and all of that assembly is on the passenger side.

http://youtu.be/Wf-_qp1y4yc

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
There's something else that this video doesn't go over. Another common failure point of O-Rings for the power steering assembly is on the top side of what he's working on. The top side hose is closed up by the two bolts you see of where he's working on. Replace that O-Ring as well.

Some more videos:

The top side I was mentioning:

If you want to do a gasket / O-Ring rebuild of your PS pump:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Power steering fluid is low, but not leaking. Putting a litre of engine oil in every 2-3 days at this point int time.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
In that case, then I think you may be leaking oil over by the crank pulley area, IE, the timing belt and associated components. It may be higher up and you may be leaking oil up by the heads and oil drips down. My first guess (without any further information or pictures) is by the crank pulley area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts