Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
odometer

is it the digital od? its fairly simple. disconnect you negative battery terminal as to avoid damaging the gauges. youll need a stubby phillips screwdriver, to remove the cluster trim. the black part. two screws are up under the trim piece, one at each end. remove them, and pull the top of the trim back a little theres two tabs that align it up top. try not to break them. tilt the steering wheel as far towards the floor as possible. you will see a rubber dust guard that cover the column. grasp the black plastic trim the rubber is attached to and GENTLY pull towards you. it will pop out. sometimes the clips are hard so you have to pull harder. slide the trim out the side. then put the trim aside. next youll be looking at the cluster there is a screw in each corner of it. not the torx screws, they are four phillips screws. remove the four screws, and be careful not to drop them into the dash, its a pain in the ass if you do.. it gets a lil tricky here if youve never done this. but slide the whole cluster towards you about a quarter inch to get it off the four locating nubs, and roll the top of the cluster towards you, there are three harnesses on top of the gauges, they usually get stuck on the dash when doing this so guide them out slowly with your free hand, and unplug them. the odometer bulb is on the back almost dead center. replace the bulb it comes out by turning counter clockwise. pull the bulb out of the plastic holder and replace with new one, i used l.e.d.s and re-assemble. hope this helps.:banana:

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
odom

i have had my cluster out seven to ten times. it gets easier every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts