Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a fogging headlight that i have to put in the oven and it seems that i have to remove my entire front bumber is that right or is there an easyer way
and maybe one of those nice pdf's :D

ps: i drive a 4 door accord sedan 2002

thanks

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
sorry, I never saw this!

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
i had the same problem with my driver side headlight. you dont need to remove the bumper as me and my buddy replaced it without removing the bumper. it was a pain i would recommend removing the bumper if you are replacing both headlights. we were able to remove the driver side tire and go from the bottom of the car and wheel well but it was a frustrating process and may be easier to just take the bumper off

·
Registered
23 Posts
oops, didnt look hard enough. i just posted about the same thing somewhere else. i think anyway, what do you mean by fogging headlight? and whats this about the oven?

both headlights on my 02 accord are dim at night, due to this fog/residue on the headlight covers themselves. sounds like you all know more than i do about this.

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
At least two kinds of "fogging"

1. Condensation/moisture under the lens. Caused by a bad seal or hole or crack.

2. Fallout residue on the outside of the lens. Makes the lens look cloudy. It's caused by pollution & neglect. If the lights are kept protected with your paint, it doesn't happen. Some places call the removal "scaling".

·
Registered
23 Posts
thanks princess, i know you've given me valuable info here before. hopefully its the outside of the lens at this point so i dont have to remove them and the bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts