Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 honda accord ex that wont start. I got fuel at the rail and spark at each cylinder. I checked the timing and its ok. After not finding anything i swapped ecu and programed it to my car and also flashed the keys.The car will turn over with 13v on the battery but wont start.I also have no codes on my ecu when i scan it???? This ones for you gear heads please help!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Spray some starting fluid into the intake and see if it tries to start. If it does then the injectors are not firing or you dont have enough pressure on the fuel rail due to a bad regulator or a marginal pump. Check the fuel pressure if you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i sprayed fluid into the intake and it "boggs out" coughs a little--do you know whats the psi of fuel coming out the fuel rail i will get on the snap on truck and buy a fuel pressure guage.....

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If you have the 4 cylinder engine, the fuel pressure should be 47 to 54 psi with the engine off and the pump running (cycle the ignition switch on and off several times to build up the pressure to max). If the engine were running the pressure should be 38 to 46 psi.
FYI, Honda doesnt have a standard fuel pressure connector, you have to remove the pulstation damper and connect the pressure gage in its place.
The fuel pressure regulator may be bad and leaking fuel into the vacuum hose. Pull off the hose and see if its full of gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts