Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a "2002 Honda Accord V6 EX" from a dealer in Aug'2010. Immediately I did changed the engine oil, coolant fluid. The car is in good condition and running very smooth.

The mileage on the when I bought was 98XXX miles. This week it just crossed 100K. All that I am worrying is changing the timing belt and break shoes/pads.

Can someone suggest me when to change the timing belt? What are the other major things that I need to change along with that?

I am located in Jacksonville, FL. I am new to USA, been here from Mar'2010. I want to make these repair for a cheap price. How to get the quotes and all. I request everyone to give me some valuable suggestions.

·
2008 Acura TL-S
705 Posts
Along with the timing belt, I would change the water pump, and engine coolant. You have to get to the water pump anyways with the timing belt, so why not do it all at once.

Duval Honda on Cassat Ave. will charge you about $500 to do it, and will give you a rental. I did that.

If you want to do it cheaper and skip the rental, call Robert at (904) 860-7535. He is on Kingsley in the Lowe's plaza. He has worked on both of my Hondas in the past and has done great work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts