Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the original owner of a 2003 4 cylinder Honda Accord EX-L. A couple of days ago I noticed that the radiator fan has been running louder than it ever has been in the past 9+ years. It actually sounds like a leaf blower is running under the hood! I even compared mine with a 2005 4 cylinder Accord and the difference was very noticeable (mine used to be as quiet). Here's what I've tried/done:

Verified that the loud noise is from the radiator fan by unplugging it
Verified that both fans come on with A/C
Verified that radiator fan comes on by itself with engine idling (although it only runs in 5 second intervals, it was only 80F tonight)
Swapped the radiator fan and A/C condenser relays in the under hood fuse box
Replaced radiator fan motor with OEM part (# 19030-RAA-A01) from the Honda dealer

I was hoping that replacing the motor would fix it but it sounds just like before. When I had the fan blade off I didn't notice any damage to it but may replace it tomorrow as I can't think of what else it would be (electrical?) or what to try. Does anybody have any ideas? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.