Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2003 accord 2dr v6 model that I have been having A/C issues with lately. The a/c wasn't turning on after the winter, and thought maybe I had a leak in the system or that it was low on coolant. I got it recharged last week, and it seemed to work for a few minutes at a time, but was intermittent. I took it back and the A/c place insisted the A/c was fine and there was nothing wrong with it. Today I was letting the car idle and noticed that the fans/noise the a/c makes when it turns on was turning on for about a second, then stopping immediately. It would do this about every 8-10 seconds. I looked under the hood and noticed that the fans that sit by the radiator would turn turn on then off immediately with the noises, but worked to just normally cool the car. Every once in a while it seems to stay on and the air that comes out is cold.

My question is what could be causing this? I've tried googling this issue and can't find any answers that fit this case. I'm reluctant to take it back to the A/c place and don't want to spend any more money taking it to a different one without knowing what is likely the problem. This is also causing a lot of strain on the engine and I can feel my performance slip every few seconds while driving when it does this. Any thoughts?

Any/all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,469 Posts
I think they over-charged the system, and the pressure sensor keeps shutting it down to protect the compressor. Relieve the pressure some, and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts