Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, the gauges on my dash board and all heating, radio etc stopped working all of a sudden while driving the car after half an hour or so. Also, the wipers speed dropped as well, I immediately thought battery problem. The car was running fine, and after few minutes of driving, everything came back again, wiper running on their regular speed. I checked battery connections, everything was fine, no rust or anything.

When I start the car, it runs fine, but after driving it for about half an hour, the same thing happen...could someone please help me troubleshoot what the issue is? I don't know much about cars, and don't have much money to get it looked at the mechanic.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Doing trumps "I've read".
110 Posts
Electrical

I agree it sounds like electrical. Are you getting any blinking lights or check engine light? I ask because just last week my brother called with very similar symptoms and it was a 3rd gear transmission pressure switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check engine light is on, gives a code for knock sensor, which I think is unrelated to the gauges and accessories turning off, but I could be wrong...could it be the alternator or a faulty ignition switch?

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Sounds like an ignition switch issue.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
So did you just drive around without any gauges or dash lights?

Try beating on the dash. Try wiggling the key. Could be a loose connection somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone who has replied. I tried beating the dashboard and wiggling the keys, nothing helps..Can't be the battery or alternator, I am thinking, as the car still starts in the morning without any problem after a week, it's only after driving it for about half an hour, when all the lights and gauges stop working. I am getting it checked from a mechanic today and hoping it's not something expensive to get it fixed.

Thanks again!!!

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,684 Posts
You could short the connector in the MICU, and see if there are any codes that show up in the odometer display. The MICU (Multiplex integrated control unit) controls the electrical stuff inside the car. The MICU is part of the under dash fuse box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts