Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 EX almost 100,000 miles, showing code P0507 at Autozone - Idle control system higher than expected - probable cause - large vacuum leak - Throttle body concern - Faulty IAC vacuum.
Light appeared accompanied by a brief engine hesitation while warming up idling on cold morning. Ran normally the rest of the day.
Disconnected the battery to clear the computer, same thing happened again this morning while engine was warming up.
Any diagrams available to show which hoses to check first, or where exactly the throttle body and IAC valve are? Or do I need to buy a Haynes manual?
Please advise, thanks.

This issue just appeared after getting the vehicle back from the shop for a timing chain and tensioner replacement. Could there be a connection here? I read where the idle on Accords are sensitive to coolant change, which I imagine was replaced during repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts

2003 EX almost 100,000 miles, showing code P0507 at Autozone - Idle control system higher than expected - probable cause - large vacuum leak - Throttle body concern - Faulty IAC vacuum.
Light appeared accompanied by a brief engine hesitation while warming up idling on cold morning. Ran normally the rest of the day.
Disconnected the battery to clear the computer, same thing happened again this morning while engine was warming up.
Any diagrams available to show which hoses to check first, or where exactly the throttle body and IAC valve are? Or do I need to buy a Haynes manual?
Please advise, thanks.

This issue just appeared after getting the vehicle back from the shop for a timing chain and tensioner replacement. Could there be a connection here? I read where the idle on Accords are sensitive to coolant change, which I imagine was replaced during repair.
Similar situation here. Timing chain tensioners and valve job completed. Put Humpty Dumpty back together and jumping idle showing P0507 code. Removed iacv and cleaned it but same problem. What was your remedy?

·
8th Gen Believer
4,280 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts