Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I recently found out that the owner of the body shop next door is away for a couple months so I decided to throw on the UC1 bumper and hood.

The Accord hood latch didn't catch the hook on the UC1 hood so I used a piece of metal laying around cut it & drilled some holes to move the latch up. I also had to relocate the cable release as there wasn't enough slack for when I moved the latch up. Mind the dirt, its many years of built up oil spray lol

I also threw on the UC1 tail lights that came with the trunk. Reminds me of my old EM1 rear end... :(

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
You need to name drop the Importer mate - $200 for a hood grill and bumper is worth the trip down to the GTA ... I'm easily looking at $250/300 to replace an OEM bumper cover and passenger side fender !!

BTW - love the progress you're making on your ride, a front lip would make it more sexy ...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You need to name drop the Importer mate - $200 for a hood grill and bumper is worth the trip down to the GTA ... I'm easily looking at $250/300 to replace an OEM bumper cover and passenger side fender !!

BTW - love the progress you're making on your ride, a front lip would make it more sexy ...
I picked it up at Toronto / Total JDM, it was cheaper cause me and my buddy paid for a packaged deal.

Thanks man. I'm looking into finding a Modulo front lip but no importer would sell it on its own, I might just grab a replica lip.

Got a package in yesterday :)

Installed the grille, gave her a wash, went out to snap a few pics and played around with Adobe Lightroom lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The dealership I work at partnered up with a local supplier for some HID kits, picked up a kit for my fogs to see how good they are. I also bought a Morimoto HD relay harness for them along with a OEM Honda fog light switch & another set of PIAA LED bulbs for the license plate.

I also forgot to upload some pictures of when I did a "backyard" paint correction on the UC1 hood lol.

This is when I first got the hood. There was plenty of scratches and some black rubber markings on the hood.

I washed the car, hit the hood with a clay bar, then I used a random orbital polisher with Meguiars ultimate compound & ultimate polish followed by some Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0

Turned out pretty good :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tackled a few things today...

Changed my cabin filter, last time I changed it was when I picked up the car a few years ago... yikes!

I also got around to installing the HID kit for the fogs with the Morimoto HD relay harness and OEM switch.

Brand new OEM fog light switch with part number ;) (bought off amazon) Its for a coupe so the light is red but I already ordered the matching bulb, just waiting for it to come in.

Not a perfect match but hey its OEM lol

I started by grinding off the plastic around the terminals since I didn't have a pig tail for the switch.

Soldered some wires to the switch.

Switch is pretty basic after doing some research online, 12 volt power (spliced into switched 12 volt power), Fog light control (wired to harness) , 2 terminals are for the dimmer function (spliced into sunroof switch wires), then the ground (place to ground behind the switches).

Set up the relay harness for the fogs... mounted and zip tied the wires.

Then I made sure everything was working properly before I buttoned her up. I went 5K HID bulbs, they match pretty well with the current HID bulbs (unknown temp) / PIAA LED peanut bulbs in the Inspire headlights.

Now patiently waiting for night time to test them out :) ...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A buddy of mine bought a full authentic Mugen lip kit for his Accord so I ended up buying the Modulo lip he had planned on installing, luckily it was already silver so no painting for me! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've been looking for a Accord coupe or TSX steering wheel for quite some time now... finally found one locally. Its from a 05/06 TSX, the previous owner bought it brand new from Acura this year but now switched to a Nardi deep corn so he had no use for it anymore.

My cousin at Honda ordered me a brand new Acura TL key fob, he got it cut at the dealer with my VIN and I put in the immobilizer chip & programmed it myself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Importer was able to get me a UC1 Inspire rear bumper with Modulo lip for an awesome deal. Test fitted and off to paint matched!

Gave her a wash, clay bar and wax to keep her protected from the upcoming winter :(

Next up, the winters and her yearly oil spraying.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Threw on the Inspire trunk / Modulo spoiler & wired up the LED spoiler light with a brake light strobe module, then clay bar and waxed it.

I got a very good deal on these Brembo calipers off a 08 TL Type S, they do need some work but for the price I paid I don't mind. I'm going to be rebuilding them with new hardware, seals and some powder coat. Good thing for winter so I can collect all the parts needed for this project.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Slowly collecting parts the the TL Type-S brembo swap, picked up front / rear sway bars & spindles off a part out Type-S. Will be getting new bearings, baill joints and rotors. Bushings and new hardware already on the way for the sway bars.

Couldn't find this color wood grain up here, and I checked part numbers with my cousin at Honda and nothing came up but the light colored wood grain so I ended up piecing it together from ebay.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
rarely ever Subbed but your progress is amazing

keep up the great work! 1cdnaccord

21 - 34 of 34 Posts