Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6 automatic. Several months ago I had a problem shifting the car out of Park into any other gear, when I finally got it into gear the TCS Activation indicator and TCS indicators dash lights would come on. I had a local mechanic troubleshoot the problem and he had to replace the brake switch. The problem with the gear shift is fixed but both TCS dash lights still come on. Is there a way to reset these so they do not come on?

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Did the shop scan the ABS system and clear the codes? If they did, they should have performed the TCS neutral position re-learn. The lights won't go out until it is done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they scan the system and found one code and cleared it, that appeared to be the one that caused them to replaced the brake switch that was the only one they saw. What is the procedure for performing the TCS neutral position re-learn?

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
You'll have to give me until Monday afternoon, to get the procedure out of my manuals.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
TCS pressure sensor neutral position memorization (normally you need the HDS or a good scan tool) but here's the work around.

jump pins 4 and 9 on the DLC with the key OFF

watch the ABS indicator light area.

Turn the key on, ABS light goes on, then off after 2 seconds.

within 2 seconds, push the TCS off switch

push the button again only AFTER the ABS light comes back on.

The TCS triangle should blink, then the 3 lights should go out together.

remove the jumper between pins 4 and 9 of the DLC.

Attachments

Reactions: jmacie and herrhaus

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
TCS pressure sensor neutral position memorization (normally you need the HDS or a good scan tool) but here's the work around.

wow i'ma give that a try

i went to O Reilly's and they had a Bosch but it wouldn't clear the codes

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
tried it the middle ! still stays on

mine was also labeled different...in very small numbers

16 - - - - - - 9
8 - - - - - - 1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sensor reset worked!

Thank you so much for posting this. It took me several trys to get the procedure to work, but it finally took and solved my problem. I replace the failed modulator on our '03 Accord and then was getting the pressure sensor not calibrated error code.

This is the only place I was able to find the procedure. Alldata was useless and I didn't want to go to the dealership just to have the sensor matched to the car.

Thank you!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just worked for me Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank you @Fredsvt! Do you now where I can get information on how to jump the pins, with pictures/video perhaps? I'm not familiar with this procedure. Is there a "jumper" that can be purchased?

I had the same issue with Traction Control System "(!)" and "TCS" a couple years ago -- I found online somewhere that sometimes a sticky brake light switch is the culprit. I got to the switch and lubed it up a bit and that seemed to solve the problem. Today the same came back on and messing with the switch didn't fix anything. I also found that the brake lights weren't always coming on when I depressed the pedal, took it to a friend's shop and they got code 68 for a brake light switch failure so we replaced the switch. AFTER replacing the switch, indicators came back, and this time we got code 84-1 (which we hadn't gotten before). So we wanted to try this procedure but the mechanic was not comfortable doing it -- said he had never done it before or seen it done before and was hoping to find video or more detailed instruction.

Since it'll be a few months yet before I see any snow I'm not too worried about it in the near term but would like to try to address it soon. Sorry for the novice question and thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tried the jumper to 4 to 9 and now my car won't turn over and my gear shift is stuck in park how did I just mess us somthing so simple

1 - 12 of 12 Posts