Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I cannot figure out. I had to replace my battery on my 2004 Accord. I installed the new one, entered the codes and the clock started at 1pm. I tried to adjust it under the settings but it doesn't respond when you touch the plus/minus button for the hours and minutes. I also tried to hit the reset button below that and that won't work either. If I disconnect and reconnect the battery it will always start at 1pm. If I leave the battery connected it will keep track of the right amount of time that has transpired but it's just not the actual correct time. i.e. it might be 4pm but the clock will show 1pm. It will however track correctly in the sense that at 5pm the clock will show 2pm.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Sounds like a flux capacitor issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great scott!!! I didn't think the first response would be this already. That's a negative. It has the 1.21 jigawatts. In all seriousness, if you have any useful thoughts please feel free to share.

Thanks,

Rich

I've checked the ball bearings too. It's all ball bearings nowadays...

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
513 Posts
Do you have a nav CD for it? If you give it a few minutes it'll automatically pull the time from the GPS system. However, without a nav CD you cannot manually adjust it, so if it chooses the wrong time zone you can't change it (my accord is currently on Pacific time because that's what the GPS defaults to I guess).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a nav CD for it? If you give it a few minutes it'll automatically pull the time from the GPS system. However, without a nav CD you cannot manually adjust it, so if it chooses the wrong time zone you can't change it (my accord is currently on Pacific time because that's what the GPS defaults to I guess).
Hello, Yes, i have a navigation CD for it as well. I tried removing it and putting it back in. I gave it about 5 to 10 minutes. Should I give it more time?

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 5500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
357 Posts
DVD not CD. :)

Yes, give it more time. And make sure that the car is parked outdoors, with as clear a view of the sky as you can give it, while the navigation system is powered. You can also, of course, just drive normally.

I don't recall that it took a ridiculous amount of time to synchronize the time on my '07, but if you're indoors when you're trying, especially in a concrete parking structure, it may never find the GPS signal and that's where it gets the time of day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DVD not CD. :)

Yes, give it more time. And make sure that the car is parked outdoors, with as clear a view of the sky as you can give it, while the navigation system is powered. You can also, of course, just drive normally.

I don't recall that it took a ridiculous amount of time to synchronize the time on my '07, but if you're indoors when you're trying, especially in a concrete parking structure, it may never find the GPS signal and that's where it gets the time of day.
Sounds good. Appreciate the information. I will give that a shot. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
04 Accord V6 6spd totaled
18 Posts
I am in the same boat and had to even replace the ROM to get my Nav to work. There is a connection issue with mine Ill post it later. I think this is the issue it won’t update the clock or mpg ect...

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Make sure to re-connect your battery at 1pm.

Reactions: bonjorno2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2004 Honda Accord. I've noticed that since the new year (1-January-2021) that the time is wrong. The date shows as Jan 1 2002 always.

I can not use the time offset controls. So my time is unable to be corrected anymore. I was just thinking that the car was so old that there was some software bug that made it not work anymore in 2021 :(

As a note, the navigation appears to be working just fine. I see the map on the screen while I am driving.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I can't seem to adjust my clock.

I press the Setup button and go to page 4 where the clock setting is. Pressing the Minute and Hour plus (+) and minus (-) buttons don't do anything. Upper right of the screen sits at 00:00 while my clock is an hour off.

The manual doesn't offer any help. It says to use the plus and minus buttons to adjust the time. It doesn't seem to work. Anyone ever hit this problem?

Reactions: MelonC

·
Registered
2003 Honda Accord V6 EX-L with Navigation
130 Posts
Hello everyone,

I had replaced the negative battery cable from the car and since then the clock on the navigation/radio is wrong. Usually it syncs up by itself. It's 1 1/2 hrs ahead. I went to the setup menu and tried to hit - to adjust the time but it would not do anything. Anyone had this issue?

Seems like it's becoming a common issue. I seen complaints for this on other forums. I waited till exactly 1pm to enter the code on the radio. At least it's a workaround till a permanent solution comes up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2004 Honda Accord. I've noticed that since the new year (1-January-2021) that the time is wrong. The date shows as Jan 1 2002 always.

I can not use the time offset controls. So my time is unable to be corrected anymore. I was just thinking that the car was so old that there was some software bug that made it not work anymore in 2021 :(

As a note, the navigation appears to be working just fine. I see the map on the screen while I am driving.
My Honda Accord 2004 with Nav is doing the exact same thing ... can't figure it out, and everything else works fine too.

·
On my second Accord.
357 Posts
Sounds like I got rid of my '07 with nav just in time (last week of November :) ).

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have the exact same issue. Hoping to find some answers here! Good luck.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I figured it out. You have to unplug your battery. Then plug it back in about 5 min before 1:00 (am or pm) and then punch your radio code in right at 1:00.

Aren't I a genius LOL?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. Why do you have to do it 5 min before 1:00? My time is one hour behind current time, and the time in the upper right hand corner is at 00:00. Reset does not work. Help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can confirm I have the same issue... sounds like a software issue. Anyone reached out to Honda as this seems like it's widespread. I can confirm that disconnecting the battery appears to try and received an update when turning the car on. I've used the diagnostic screen and my Navi screen is all green and working as expected. The 1:00 pm seems like a workaround but hoping for a more official approach. I can confirm the DVD last edition 2013 version 1.5 is present too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, Yes, i have a navigation CD for it as well. I tried removing it and putting it back in. I gave it about 5 to 10 minutes. Should I give it more time?
I'm having the same issue. I took out the disc and reinserted it, it's the latest issue of the disc. Nothing changed. The calendar reverts back to an old date as well and doesn't keep 2021. I think it's just too old to update. I am going for an oil change today and will ask the shop.

·
On my second Accord.
357 Posts
I have the same issue. Why do you have to do it 5 min before 1:00? My time is one hour behind current time, and the time in the upper right hand corner is at 00:00. Reset does not work. Help!
Do you live somewhere that observes daylight time? Is daylight time disabled in the settings?

I live somewhere that does not observe daylight time so I had to disable it in the settings every spring and re-enable it in the fall.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts