Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought a used 2004 accord exl v6 2 doors. When i used the car first time at night i realized that the A/c and the radio button lights arent working. I kept searching but most forums are about the screen light. My screen light is working pretty well. I thought it was a fuse but i couldnt find out which fuse would be responsible for it. In the beginning i thought it would be interior light but i think this is for map lights. Can somebody help me in fixing this problem.
Thank you?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
are you saying certain buttons on your Headunit are not lighting up?

need more info but i think by screen light you mean the center screen on the headunit is fine

it would be super rare for a bulb to go bad on a Headunit but it does happen. if you have never soldered, this shouldn't be your first undergoing

congrats on your purchase but if it really bothers you, you can get a Headunit for under $50-75

if you need helping locating one, i can assist anytime

welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the centre screen of the head unit works fine..but the all button for the ac controls and thw radio controls wont light up at night. Do you think it could be a fuse or i would have to replace the whole thing.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
if you really want the Buttons to light up, it would be a easier to just change out the whole deck depending on your level of electronics skill

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
They are LED lights soldered to the board. You cannot replace them without replacing the AC control board in the head unit. I assume your AC still works? Jump on eBay and look for OEMCarAudio. They sell many Honda OEM stereos. Make sure you find one with dual-zone AC for a coupe so it matches your AC controls and dash color illumination. Coupes had red illumination and sedans had white.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is a coomon problem, the button lights going out. There is a resistor that goes bad on the circuit board on that radio. There is a youtube on a how to..

I have a similar issue but mine apparently is casued by something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts