Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I noticed on my car that my front wheels seem to be a lot more spaced away from my chassis than the rear. I see similar models and they don't seem to have the issue. I'm wondering if something needs to be adjusted or replaced. Here's some photos. ImageUploadedByAG Free1386118616.359037.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1386118634.070292.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
The front fender is cut higher to accommodate the weight of the engine. If you take a tape measure and measure the distance from just behind the front wheel to the ground and do the same for just in front of the rear wheel, against the side skirt. The distance is the same.

·
Legitimate hack
1,417 Posts
Its normal to have more of a gap in the front (aka reverse rake) on the 7th gen. Aftermarket lowering springs are designed to eliminate that gap along with the better handling a lower center of gravity provides.

·
We owe Mr. Soichiro Honda
114 Posts
Are you sure it's not because there is more snow packed in the back than in the front?:lmao:

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,650 Posts
I think it's because the front wheels need more room, for turning. The rear wheels stay straight, so they need less clearance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure it's not because there is more snow packed in the back than in the front?:lmao:
Well see that's my exact problem. The back is so low that snow packs very easily and when I hit bumps it makes a big loud bang noise so I have to constantly go to the car wash to remove it.
Thanks for the input everyone.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,003 Posts
Well see that's my exact problem. The back is so low that snow packs very easily and when I hit bumps it makes a big loud bang noise so I have to constantly go to the car wash to remove it.
Thanks for the input everyone.
Get some coil spring risers/boosters and use them only during the winter/snow season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts