Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My ’04 EX that was purchased new back in November 2003 has made it to 200,000 miles. Original transmission, engine, radiator, water pump, alternator. No modifications have been made and I’ve come close to selling her a few times but the Accord has been very reliable and comfortable I keep as my work car.

The car was diagnosed as needing a starter recently, the battery was new and I was getting a slow crank, then the car sat for a few months while recovering from ankle surgery.

After reading about ground issues I thought I’d service the relatively new battery, a small amount corrosion was on the positive side, negative cable was a bit dirty so it got removed and cleaned up, the ground site was cleaned up as well. She fired right up, the starter spun up faster than it has in a long time. The ground to the engine block looked intact with no corrosion

She’s looking good now …..a young driver opened their door while parked in a red zone just as I passed by, tore up the right front end and put a few scratches on the right side. Thankfully their insurance covered the repairs!!

Car Vehicle Plant Wheel Tire

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it drives really nice and the interior has held up well. It‘s been driven hard and put away wet for years commuting to work and plenty of road trips thrown in yet it’s held up and always brought me home. I had some front bushings and struts installed a few years ago, passenger door power window motor replaced, power steering hose was leaking and replaced, updated to the orange o-ring for the power steering pump, the old o ring was letting air into the system. I still love driving it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts