Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
veesix
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-

The gray relay made a noise (sounded like what I imagine touching an electric fence would sound like) when I turned them on, so I went to the oh so wise dealership and explained my issue. I told the guy it was the gray relay, but he insisted the black and gray were the same one; so naturally, he gave me the black one. I went to my car and holy cow I was right. With the black one plugged in where the gray one should be, the fog lights ONLY turn on if the brights are on. A little backwards, huh?

So I went back in, was refunded the ridiculous $70 it cost, put my old gray on back in, and it worked again.

Now, while driving with my fog lights on, I've noticed they will turn on and off on their own. I will manually turn them off than on with the switch, which seems to fix them temporarily, and they may or may not do it again.

I would like to purchase a new one, but $70 is absurd. I've spent the past hour trying to find a part number for it. Unfortunately, most of my car stuff is in NC and I am in school in FL, so that makes for a difficult repair. I'd appreciate any advice or if anyone knew the part number :)

Pants

·
Registered
338 Posts
I imagine you are talking about some sort of factory relay, but you can probably get a regular Bosch relay for around $30 and wire it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts