Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 V6 coupe with a black leather interior. The door arm rests for both the driver's side and passenger's side have deformed where the seam meets the door panel. I have no idea what I could do to fix this other than getting a total replacement. It seems that Honda didn't pick a good plastic material for this area and they aren't very well secured. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? The picture doesn't really show the problem very well. I'd say the edge is cupped upwards by a good half an inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
same situation on my 2006. its just showing its age, nothing to do except get a new door panel. but i dont think its worth the cost of a new door panel.

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
519 Posts
Yikes that doesn't look good. My coupe has A LITTLE bit of separation at the window controls and the outer plastic door piece, but I have cloth and do not have that interior separation. Hope you find a remedy..

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
I've seen quite a few coupe's like that. I'm glad the sedan arm rests aren't made like that. How much does a door panel cost? I'm sure it's not cheap. They should sell just the arm rest, but I'm sure they don't. Actually, I've heard you shouldn't rest your arm on the door, because it would interfere with the airbags, if they deploy. The door is so far away, I feel like I have to reach for the door arm rest anyway, so I don't use it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My armrest on the driver side is doing the same thing. I am planning on pulling off the door and then doing some manual manipulation in order to get it to look and work right. I’ll post photos if the job turns out okay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you ever get around to this? I haven't yet and the problem is getting worse... now it is happening on the passenger side as well.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
^ Has anyone thought of using industrial strength crazy glue ? *pardon me if that's a completely "out to lunch" thought/comment as I don't have any experience with coupe doors from our gen ...

I seen that stuff hold some pretty amazing weight after being secured and curing overnight ... I would think a strong adhesive like that would be just the trick for this sort of thing ?

·
04accI4
176 Posts
I'm going to pull my door panel off this weekend and take a look at it. I'll update and see if I can figure something out, if not then at least we'll have pictures of it and maybe someone else can figure it out haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts