Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible. Someone just gave me some 16" wheels from an RSX Type S (2004 I think). I don't know all the specs about the size, just that they are 16". I have read on the forum concerns about clearance on the calipers but I couldn't find an answer. Will they fit on my 2005 Accord?

I attached a picture I found of the wheel.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
Try them on if you already have them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks estevesd87.

I just thought I would ask. It's a little cold out there to be disappointed. I searched on here but I guess not hard enough for that thread.

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
I believe specs are 16x6.5 +45 for 02-04 wheels (not sure if that's Type-S wheels or not)

·
Registered
415 Posts
They fit, but the caliper bracket clearance is less than 1mm. I have a set that I use in the winter, so I ground down the bracket to get ~2.5mm of clearance. I really like these wheels! I believe them to be the lightest OEM USDM Honda wheel in 16". Only the JDM S2000 wheels are lighter. The stock RSX tires (205/55r16) are definitely too small for the Accord, but when I put 205/60r16s (stock Accord size), they fill the wheel well really well.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
I had 16" steelies with snows on my car last year and they cleared fine, so I don't see why not. IMO, after seein em on esteves, I think they look too small to make the car look good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They fit, but the caliper bracket clearance is less than 1mm. I have a set that I use in the winter, so I ground down the bracket to get ~2.5mm of clearance. I really like these wheels! I believe them to be the lightest OEM USDM Honda wheel in 16". Only the JDM S2000 wheels are lighter. The stock RSX tires (205/55r16) are definitely too small for the Accord, but when I put 205/60r16s (stock Accord size), they fill the wheel well really well.
is it just in the front that it's this close?

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Issue is with front caliper.

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
05 and newer Type S is 17".

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
there's a SSM 05 around my campus with those wheels. I'll see if I can get a close up of them and see if they're riding on spaces or not. Doubt I can get very close.. the car continuously move parking spaces.

·
Registered
104 Posts
those rsx rims willl definitely fit on the accordd. i had these rims for back in 06 when i got my car and i never had a problem with them. i'll post up some pics when i get a chance.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Keeping the brake dust off of those white wheels would suk.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What's the tire size on those white ones?

What's the bracket to spoke clearance? Mine was 0.6mm...way to close.
My tire size are 205/55/16. Yea the clearance is very tight but I know it doesnt hit the front caliper bracket at all since I do not see a scratch on either on the rim or the caliper bracket. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts