Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2005 Accord “Runner Boards” Rattling - FIXED

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Miker 
#1 ·
The pieces of plastic that makes up the “runner boards” and front splash guard started rattling a few years back at highway speeds in response to wind and I just figured out that it’s them that are making the noise. Any tips for silencing them/is this a common issue? I’ve included a photo of the piece for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
You need some of these:

Product Furniture Table

Remove the front mudflaps. Then you can slide the side skirts a lil fwd and then pop them out.

My skirts had a couple places on the inside where the plastic bracing was separated from the skirt. Gorilla glued the bad spots and let it set up overnight. New clips and popped them in. No problems since.

That rattle was annoying. Now it's gone. Very easy and cheap fix. I believe these panels are discontinued on Hondapartsnow.

#5 ·
You need some of these:

View attachment 518874

Remove the front mudflaps. Then you can slide the side skirts a lil fwd and then pop them out.

My skirts had a couple places on the inside where the plastic bracing was separated from the skirt. Gorilla glued the bad spots and let it set up overnight. New clips and popped them in. No problems since.

That rattle was annoying. Now it's gone. Very easy and cheap fix. I believe these panels are discontinued on Hondapartsnow.
How many of these clips do you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
@RickBlaine would you edit title to reflect FIXED thanks

Reactions: RickBlaine
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.