Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
All Accords!
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post in many years. Back when my mother's 2005 Accord had ~100k I had joined this forum to ask a question. Now it has 306,600 miles and aside from a few issues that I've fixed, still runs great. However, this morning, I took the left rear wheel off to fix a persistent brake shoe drag. It appears a brake shoe retraction spring has broken inside, but the ratchet wheel has the shoes pressed hard up against the drum. What on earth do you use to get into the click wheel retraction slot? A modified Harbor Freight screwdriver, or does a special tool exist for this? I've retracted lots of brake shoes over the years, but NONE have had a rear hub casting blocking the access hole!!
20200225_164049.jpg

The click wheel slot has this wheel hub casting in the way! Do I modify a Harbor Freight flat bladed screwdriver, or does a special tool exist for this? Thanks for any and all replies!
20200225_164049.jpg

Sorry about the duplicate post guys. When I posted the first one and it didn't show up even after 5 minutes, I thought the internets ate it. Now I realize it takes a while for the post to show. Please disregard the duplicate posting. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts