Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my radio/single CD is dying, need some recommendations about the replacement. I'm in Canada, so most of the web stores don't ship over here - I was considering buying the used set and replace it, but am open to other possibilities, as long as the price is reasonable (don't want to go to the dealers, they're no good for this).
Any advise is much appreciated.
thank you

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
What exactly is dying? The CD drive?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
hopefully its not just the display light going out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the display is 'on', but radio sometimes makes a 'pop' sound and stops working; if i turn it off and then turn it on, it often works. just recently, the car was out on the parking, did not manage to turn it on for a while after i started to drive, after 15 minutes, it was ok, i turned it on and it worked, guess had to get warmed up?...

an update - radio just died completely, anything that could be installed in the storage compartment below it and leave the original 'as is'?
cheers and thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To close the thread - this seems to be a quality problem associated with a possible dead solder (the worst possible problem in electronics as far as I can tell), so I decided to go ahead with the solution as explained here: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2537054. All parts cost me around $140, radio with CD/MP3/WMA player, aux input and remote control and the Metra adapter, so it makes no sense to try to fix the OEM or replace it with a used set when I can get a brand new audio with more functionality and it is also good looking.
BTW, my radio came back from the dead once more....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts