Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Windshield Washer Container is leaking or the hose to it is? Filled it up and fluid runs out. How do you get to it to repair or replace?
I called Honda and was told this is a common problem if rodents have gotten into the engine compartment - indeed this seems to be the case. Help Please.
Is this something I can do myself or does it require dealer?
P.S.
Does anyone have a manual with pictures to make this repair?

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
You have to get the car in the air, and get the front plastic splash shielding off from the front, under the bumper, to inside the right wheel well.

Then you can easily access the reservoir.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
if you remove the splash sheild you will be able to access the hose coming from the reservoir. they probably ate the hose a little, that res is fairly thick and i doubt they ate it, however the do like to gnaw the corners off stuff like that. id imagine they ate the poly/vinyl line though.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Has anyone out there installed the canadian bottle that has a low washer fluid light that comes on the dash. i understand that all of the wiring is already there including the light on the dash. just hook it up...

·
Registered
210 Posts
No, but that would be something I'd be willing to attempt. It makes no sense that Honda would go to the extent to even put the low washer fluid light on the American cars, but not put the plastic bottle in it with the sensor. Then again I decided long ago to try and figure out why the things they were.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts