Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way of getting these turned off without having to spend $150 to have it scanned??
I cleaned the battery terminals and when I reconnected them these 2 lights lit up on my dash.
I found someone who said to use a paper clip and short out #4 and #9 on the thing you attach scanner to but it didn't work.
Anyone have success or an idea of how to shut these lights off. I know nothing is wrong since they came on after I reconnected the battery..

· Registered
796 Posts
The paper clip trick is to know what code is stored in the ECU. Won't remove the code.

No lights should come on when you replace the battery. This is not normal.

To remove the codes, you can disconnect the battery for a while (maybe 15 minutes). Or ask a parts store to pull the codes and remove them for you.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no codes when a parts store scans it. But their scanners are not that sophisticated.
The only option I was told was to take it to Honda and let them scan it but it costs $150 to do that and since I know nothing is wrong with the TCS I didn't want to spend that much money to turn a light off.
I will disconnect the battery and see if that does anything.
Thanks

· Registered
2013 Accord Sport Sedan V6 Navi. 2007 Accord 4Dr V6
19 Posts
There are no codes when a parts store scans it. But their scanners are not that sophisticated.
The only option I was told was to take it to Honda and let them scan it but it costs $150 to do that and since I know nothing is wrong with the TCS I didn't want to spend that much money to turn a light off.
I will disconnect the battery and see if that does anything.
Thanks
To do this properly you should disconnect the battery and then touch the two disconnected leads together. This helps to drain any electrical potential in the system.

Cheers
Terry

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To do this properly you should disconnect the battery and then touch the two disconnected leads together. This helps to drain any electrical potential in the system.

Cheers
Terry
Not a mechanic in any sense of the word, so when you say touch the two disconnected leads are you referring to the paper clips that are inserted in the #4 and #9 openings?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i disconnected the battery for 15 minutes but lights were still there. I did not touch them together while they were disconnected. Is this what you were saying I should do? If so, for about how long?

· Registered
2013 Accord Sport Sedan V6 Navi. 2007 Accord 4Dr V6
19 Posts
i disconnected the battery for 15 minutes but lights were still there. I did not touch them together while they were disconnected. Is this what you were saying I should do? If so, for about how long?
To be honest, disconnecting the battery should be all you have to do. But touching the two battery terminals together for 10 secs or so, just makes sure there is no residual capacitor storage which might still be holding the codes. So, take the battery leads off. Touch the two leads together for 10 to 15 seconds and then reconnect the leads to the battery. That way you know you have done your best to ensure that codes that can be removed this way, have been. However, not all codes can be removed this way. In fact many can't. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of knowledge regarding diagnostic trouble codes (many people don't, because they can be quite confusing) so I would not recommend you buy a scanner since trying to work out what it is telling you can be difficult even for experienced people. The scanner at best just gives you a clue, not the answer. And, at worst, it wont even give you a code if its a really cheap scanner.

If removing the battery terminals has not fixed the issue, then you have something deeper and you will need to seek expert help. My suspicion is the need to re-programme the TCS pressure sensor possibly as a result of the battery removal but not necessarily. Did you change the tire size recently? Anyway, this can only be done by a Honda dealer with their K-line scanners as I understand it, but there is one more option you can try.

Google this:

"yellow triangle light is on and the TCS light"

In the searches you should find a work around which can do re-programme without the need to take it to the dealership. But of course it's all your responsibility and if you are not up to this you will need to take it to the dealer.

Hope this helps

Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts