Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 honda accord coupe at 145xxx kms
i havnt found much posts on the 2005 v6 6 speed so i made my own thread

Question: My 6 cd changer the light is burnt out however if i shine my own light at it the numbers and all the digits still work does anybody know if i need to replace the whole cd changer to fix the light? which honda said would be about 700-800 dollars or if i could just replace the circuit board which would only cost me 200.

Question: also, my clutch makes a ticking sound when it is not engaged but when i press it down the ticking sound goes away anybody know anything about this

ive had my car for almost a year i bought it at 119xxx kms and is now at 145xxx kms and ive had to fix nothing just the timing belt and water pump.

any tips or advice on my car would be appreciated ive been through 3 accords in my driving life and ive only been driving for 3 years.

Question: does anybody find it difficult to shift from not moving into first gear in these 6 speed cars??

New to www.driveaccord.net

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Welcome to DA.

There's a sticky about screens going black here in the 7th gen area, might see if that's the same issue you have. But - no, don't pay $700. Just find one on ebay -- talk to seller 'oemcaraudio' he might be able to get you JUSt the part you need, or you can probably find a replacement used stereo -- though, the premium system from the 6MT will be more rare.

I've never noticed a ticking clutch.

I have no issue putting it in first from a stop... Third was a different story, but the GM Syncromesh Friction Modified MTF cured that for me (out of warranty tranny)

·
Registered
195 Posts
the clutch ticking is possibly the throwout bearing rattling. IMHO leave it alone until it drives you crazy or something fails, because you have to pull the trans to get at it. at that point you'd want to swap the clutch out since the trans was out. As you can see it'll snowball on you lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts