Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Accord EX-I, 2.3 4 cylinder
I've had this problem for at least 5 years. On occasion when I hit the brake (when a quick touch in a parking lot or a stopping from high speed), the engine starts surging and revving up and down close to the redline, even though my foot is on the brake.

It seems the car does not move forward as if the transmission is not connected to the engine drive shaft when this happens. the only way to stop this is to shut off the ignition, and wait for up to 5 seconds before starting the engine
again.

Perhaps because of the drive by wire, the computer has some glitch and revs the engine with input from the pedal

Anyone else have this problem?:wave:

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Auto or manual trans?

If auto, there is no way your car could reach redline with the car sitting still unless the transmission is going into neutral. Are you positive that you aren't hitting both pedals with your foot?

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Truth: My brother wears size 15 military boots.....it happens every time he borrows my Accord. I keep telling him it's not like the pedals on his airplane, but he is an older brother, is bigger than me, and just tells me to shut the heck up.:dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts