Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone owed me money and I received the following rims for payment. I was told they would fit my 08 lxp. I went to get snow tires this morning at costco and they said they couldn't put them on my car because they didn't have tpms sensors. Now i think the rims are from 2006. There is a picture attached. Could I buy these http://www.ebay.com/itm/140961457551?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and have them installed. Costco said if I had the sensors they would install. I hope this isnt to cryptic. Thanks again for the help.

Steve

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
While I don't know the answer to your question, however, given the level of corrosion/oxidation of these rims, it will not surprise me if you find one or more of them will have a slow leak when you put tires on them.

Personally I would have only taken these if they were given to me for free, because they would have to be professionally re-finished to be of any use for me, unless I only plan to use them as boat anchors.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are only going to be used for snow tires. I confirmed they did indeed hold air before i got them. They are dam ugly though

steve

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did the guy owe you $12?

j/k

Just find a smaller indy shop to mount them up...your money is green.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This actually worked out really well. Tires hold air and there were mounts in the rims for the TPMS sensors. All worked out well.

Steve

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
1,886 Posts
This actually worked out really well. Tires hold air and there were mounts in the rims for the TPMS sensors. All worked out well.

Steve
Do you have a TPMS light on yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got lucky earlier this month, got 4 x 16 OEM rims in mint condition for $150 with OEM TPMS sensors already mounted, add another $738 for 4 x XIce-xi3 215 60R16 mounted balanced and installed with Kal Tire Road Hazard warranty for a total of $838 including HST and tire tax less $70 rebate (still waiting for cheque)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had them for a couple weeks now and are perfect. No tpms light on. Costco reprogrammed them for free.

steve

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
1,886 Posts
Had them for a couple weeks now and are perfect. No tpms light on. Costco reprogrammed them for free.

steve
Thanks steve you gave me the confidence to bring my car somewhere other than Honda to get my ebay sensors re-programmed... since honda had given up... another shop got them programmed for free with no problems.. and now I have no more TPMS light. :thmsup::thmsup::thmsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad I could help. I was really nice to them and they did charge me 3 bucks for a rebuild kit but i didn't care.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts