Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

2007 Accord 4 cylinder - 5mt
Mileage: 113,500 kilometers (70,525 miles)

Just today on the way home I noticed a new sound.
When I engage 1st gear and give it some gas, I hear what best could be described as a low pitch howl,or ghost-like noise. It's brief, but it's there. It may be there in 2nd gear as I give some throttle but I can't be sure since there's plenty of noise in the engine at that point.

If it's related, I had the clutch master cylinder lubed (moly...grease), a few months ago to quiet down the annoying creaking clutch pedal. That sound is back, so I'm going to have to get that done again next oil change. Just thought I'd mention that in case the two are connected.
I've owned the car for about 11 months now and I'm not too thrilled about these noises :(

Any hints what this might be?

I had the manual transmission fluid changed at ~ 100,000 km, and clutch fluid too. Aside from that, regular oil / brake fluid changes, a bit of brake work.

thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Maybe check the manual trans level and ensure they got the level right? Maybe change the fluid in the manual trans? It is an easy DIY. You should not be paying to have the clutch pedal lubed as that is also an easy DIY. That procedure can be found on this site by doing a search.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would I change the manual transmission fluid? It was just changed 13.500 kilometers ago. I will check the level though, if that's related to the noise.

Also, I didn't pay to have the cmc lubed up; the guy I go to was familiar with the issue and did it for me. Yet, it seems to only last 2+ months at best.

Anyone else familiar with the low-pitch howl noise when engaging from first gear and giving it some gas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts