Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased the car noted in the title. It has dual climate control with a navigation system (if that makes a difference), and when I set the climate control to AUTO and set the temperature to HIGH, it just greets me with bone-chilling coldness. Even after I drive around, the temperature stays pretty cold. I've read up on the Owner's Manual and it told me that to use the heater, to direct the fan down to my feet and to set the fan speed and temp at the desired temperature, which I did. Nothing seemed to help.

As of now, it might only be around 40ish degrees out, but the air blowing in seems almost colder than that! It happens to both the passenger and driver's side, regardless if I set it to DUAL or not. It'll just bring in cold air.

I did some research on this and saw that alot of people had problems with this, and that possible solutions were from low coolant to needing the heater core replaced. Would anyone have any suggestions about what I should do? The dealership I bought it from isn't a Honda dealership, but a certified Volvo dealer. I don't think they could help me much, and I'm sure if I took it to a Honda dealer it would take forever for them just to check it out, and then they would charge me a crazy amount.

Thanks for everyone who read through all of that, lol. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Honda Fam! :thmsup:

·
Call me Nego
215 Posts
The "Dual" feature only allows the passenger to set a different temperature than the driver. If you do not have "Dual" activated then the driver's side temperature is the only setting that matters. I cannot help you with your problem as I have no idea what would be causing that. I have a "Dual" Climate feature in my accord, but not the Nav; and I know that does make a difference.

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negociator - Thanks for the reply!

And when I set it to DUAL, neither side is hot, and when DUAL is off, it's still not hot..

Do you have any sort of problem with your climate control like this?

Thanks!

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I try to avoid using the High setting for climate control - and I live in North Dakota. I don't have any problems. I leave mine on windshield defog and set to 80 degrees, A/C off. My car will warm up really quick. Maybe try running heat without A/C on?

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,649 Posts
I don't have a picture, but there is a valve operated by a cable, on the firewall (under the hood) close to the middle of the car. Check to see if maybe the cable has come loose from the valve.

·
White on Black AV6-6
100 Posts
My air doesn't reach peak temps until about 20 minutes of driving. What's your engine/coolant temp read? Between 1/3rd and halfway is normal.
Press your A/C button until it displays "A/C OFF" on the climate control screen. A lot of times the A/C condenser is being used on AUTO, even when it's not displayed as "ON"

Also, using the defrost will automatically turn on your A/C condenser so the only way I can defrost without running the A/C is by turning it off manually.

So: make sure you are seeing the "A/C OFF"
Try less fan, but highest temperature setting
NOT on auto
NOT on dual
Try recycle mode if nothing changes.
Give it a 30 min drive at least and see if it warms up some air for you.

If it's still blowing cold air, check fuses.

Edit:
A/C on: very warm air but comfortable
A/C off: moderately hot air, gets too hot at times.

The air is plenty warm on HI heat, A/C on but it doesn't get hot in my Accord. Gotta turn A/C off to actually get hot hot air blowing

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,649 Posts
Even with the A/C on, the air will still be hot, if the temperature knob is on high (hot).

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My air doesn't reach peak temps until about 20 minutes of driving. What's your engine/coolant temp read? Between 1/3rd and halfway is normal.
Press your A/C button until it displays "A/C OFF" on the climate control screen. A lot of times the A/C condenser is being used on AUTO, even when it's not displayed as "ON"

Also, using the defrost will automatically turn on your A/C condenser so the only way I can defrost without running the A/C is by turning it off manually.
I'll have to make sure I pressed A/C off. That seems like such a rookie mistake if it turns out that's the problem. I had the auto off at times when I was testing, but that didn't work either, but then again I didn't drive twenty minutes. Maybe idled the car for 10 and drove for 5. Even then, it didn't even warm a bit.

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have a picture, but there is a valve operated by a cable, on the firewall (under the hood) close to the middle of the car. Check to see if maybe the cable has come loose from the valve.
I'm gonna need to check that tomorrow and I'll post an update. If there is anything loose, I'm not sure I'm qualified to fix it. But at least I'll know! Thanks a million!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts