Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2007 Accord EX today and started driving it home for a 150mile journey home. Car is in good shape, 55k miles, very clean, handled well and overall I am happy with it. However 37 miles into the trip home, with two new front tires the dealership put on the front of the car, one blew out (the tires were new, I saw the car this past weekend right after it was traded in for a Lexus and the front tires were worn). It was dark and there was a thud under the car toward the front end and not taking any exception too it since debris is constantly on roads now a few miles later the ride gets somewhat rougher. I get off at an exit and pull to the side to see smoke coming from the tire and the smell of rubber. I let it cool for a few mins and put the spare on. This is a first for me as the only flat tires experience were in driveways or parking lots, but what could have caused a new tire to just go on the whim like that. I haven't had a chance to thoroughly look at the tire, but what little bit I could see with a friend of mines car lights behind me, I couldn't find a nail. Any input would be appreciated and curious if others have had new tires suffer the same fate?

Thanks, Carter

·
Registered
840 Posts
Inspect it carefully. More than likely there will be some kind of puncture. Sometimes whatever gets picked up doesnt stay in the tire, and all thats left is a hole

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loved the ride. Even with the spare on. V6 version this time to replace the 4 cyl I had wrecked in Sept. Only a quarter tank of gas for 161 miles actually on the trip, seems like the V6 does about as good as the 4 cyl did on gas plus I like the extra pep too it.

I hope it was a puncture, I don't want to think the dealership did something wrong installing the new tire. Even though it was part of the deal, it isn't on a warranty, so much for getting a tire replaced by them? It was a Lexus dealership that sold the car.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It could always be that the tire was defective. Most likely though something punctured it but defects can happen with any product.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tires were Hanock Ventus V2 concept.

Here are a couple of shots.

Dunno if the puncture from what led to the blowout or if rolling on the rims did it. The rubber doesnt feel very thick pushing against the sides of the tire, though it could be because the inside is ate up.

Carter

Fooey, the pictures of the tire didn't come across.:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts