Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed ebc greenstuff onto the front brakes. Major difference. I have ebc greenstuff on the front of a bmw 525i and fell in love with them. They are quiet and not dusty after breaking in. However, I forgot about the brake in. Today, they were loud and dusty as hell. But like I said, it is just for the break in that they are like that. These ebc greenstuff work very strong from cold. They bite hard on my BMW and they bite hard on my Accord. In 2 weeks, I plan to do the rear with ebc greenstuff as well. I recommend ebc greenstuff. They are great brake pads. They do not require warm up. They took like 1000-1500 miles to break in on the bmw so I'm sure it will take that long on my Honda. I will do another review after 1000 miles which should be in about 2 weeks of driving.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum....

I can't wait for that review.
Really I can say I love them on my BMW and everything I said is based off of factual experience. Sooo, they are great. I actually drove my honda 100 miles sofar on the EbC and they are only getting better. Compared to OEM honda pads, I would say they are just as grabby however, they are way stronger meaning they grab hard and will not give up.

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
I have greenstuff pads in the front and rear of both of my cars. Absolutely love their performance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have greenstuff pads in the front and rear of both of my cars. Absolutely love their performance.
Yea, they are great. They are pricey too but I prefer the feel of them over stock honda pads. I spent $95 on pads and 50 each rotor, not bad. Honda pads are 50 but I fell in love with the EBC on the bmw. One thing I hate is that these ebc brakes dust worst than stock bmw pads while they are breaking in. Stock honda pads are average on the dust. On my BMW, the greenstuff are really low dust and that's another reason I love them. I just came back from store in my honda so I am at 160 miles so far on the ebc greenstuff. So far, my pedal is firm and they grip well. The squeals are almost gone but they can last for a while. I actually had ebc yellowstuff on my old 2003 chevy silverado and those squealed louder than a pig for at least 1500 miles. But yea, the greenstuff pads are great still.

Only thing I can not comment on is how long they last because my truck, I sold that with the ebc pads at 5000 miles or so. the Bmw has to have at least 15000 miles on the ebc greenstuff and the pads look thick and new still but then again it is only driven on the highway and back roads. So we will see how long they last with my driving in the accord.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum....

I can't wait for that review.
I am at 950 miles now. The fronts are solid however, still not fully broken in. I just did the rear brakes today and have 20 miles on them. So far so good. Pedal is solid too the way I like it. I guess I will do another review in 1000 miles. I can not wait till they feel like the BMW with the Ebc on it. Total cost was $190 for the front and $135 for the rear. I changed the rotors too. I could have kept the stock Honda ones but instead, I just threw them away and started fresh. I would recommended ebc greenstuff because I previously tried them to have hard evidence of them being a lower dust and quiet pad once they fully break in which is 1500-2000 miles at least.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I have since went back to stock honda pads up front. The EBCs kept making noises and the initial bite is just not as good as the stock honda pads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone have any problems installing the EBC's on the rear?? I only ask because I have an 04 accord V6 and the rear EBC green stuff pads will not fit into the bracket the rotor sits on... I ordered another set to see if it was misboxed and the second set are the same dimensions....The rear PN#s DP21193
I'm lost... It looks like if i filed down the outsite two 'ears' on the pad FRAME itself (not the wear portion of the pad) it would be ok, but, then the wear sensor is on the OPPOSITE side of wear the OEM one was... So I don't know if that'll be a fitness issue or not and I'm lost...
I found this thread by searching, I swear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts