Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Hopefully you can help me out on this one but my parents 2007 I4, Auto, Sedan for some reason will just shut off completely when in use and sometimes will not turn on at all.

It first started when my dad was using it and it shut off on him and when he restarted, the CEL came on. He got home and shut it off, turned it back on again and it was gone.

He used it for a couple days to work and it was fine and now this weekend, we moved it from the street into the driveway and basically right when my mom put it into park it just completely shut off. No response to the remote, no lights turn on at all inside, just pitch black. It started with no issues, moved with no issues, but then it just shut off.

I got a hold of a code reader and will check it in the morning, as well as get a hold of a fuse tester and check all the fuses but I am curious if anyone has either run into this or seen it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that could be quite possible.

I tried to see if i could get anything from the code reader but it wouldnt even respond. I checked the fuses in the engine bay and all seemed fine. I did not get to check the interior ones yet because of that snowstorm up here.

While I was in the engine bay though, I checked the battery and the positive terminal had this blush white powder all over it to the point where that red cap was actually stuck on.

The strange thing is, I had gotten the car partially unburied today and tried to get in, and it responded to the transmitter this time. Once I get it completely out of there I will try and get it to run

·
Registered
156 Posts
While I was in the engine bay though, I checked the battery and the positive terminal had this blush white powder all over it to the point where that red cap was actually stuck on.
It's the corrosion on the terminal that is causing the car to die. Clean those terminals and you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right Kali. It actually turned out to be a bit worse than that. Enough corroded that the terminal seems to have been eaten away and when we tightened it up, it tore a little bit. It has been working better now but we plan on changing it when it gets a bit nicer out. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts